Well, it has been now over a year from my last post! And to be honest, it's like I forgot about my wonderful, fun Blog! Well here I am! Updated WITH an amazing iPhone app! Making it perfect to blog while I am at the park (across the street from my house) while my dog and son run around together in the beautiful Florida sun!!
Where do I pick up? After reading my last post I smiled! A year ago, I was trying my hardest to be that 'over achieving hard working mother' when at nights I would cry myself to sleep! Why was it so bad? A LOT of moms do it! Why couldn't I? Was I not strong enough? Why couldn't I trust daycares to love my son the way I did? Why was MY job so overwhelming? All of these thoughts and many more entered my head almost everyday.... When finally I laid in bed one night and prayed so hard my head hurt. I remember waking up the next morning with an idea... I went into the living room and grabbed a pen and paper and started to make a 'plan' (My parents always taught me that before I made any big decisions to make sure it made sense first) SO, that is what I did, I was so motivated to make MY life changing business/mother/wife decision that I wasn't going to let anything stop me! The next few months were trying, I remember doubting my plan and my dream. But I also remember the determination that had been placed on my heart to do what I felt was TRULY best for my family and myself! I remember praying to God 'I am in YOUR hands, please help my husband and I to make the best decision'.
THEN comes the hard part, sitting down with my husband to propose this plan! I remember being so nervous because I really wanted to be 'super mommy' and not disappoint my husband but quickly realized 'super mommy' is described in a million different ways! No surprise, my husband couldn't have been more supportive of this dream of mine! After a few months of 'business planning' and laying the foundation - I was able to leave my job and start my OWN company!
Which is where we are now! www.sarahparkerphotography.com is now my parttime job, and I am a FULL time stay at home mommy and hometakercarerof'er! Lol!!! (my own word)!
Phew! Well, I am looking forward to updating this blog once a week with new stories about Luke's development and fun Parker Fam stories! If you are reading this then you must care about our little family, so thank you and God Bless!
Mommy Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment