Well, I wouldn't say that I have been a terrible blogger. I have seen worse - But I wish I could have the disciple to blog and write every week.... Either way here I am! 6 weeks and counting till baby Jonah takes his first breath! It is truly surreal that I will be holding ANOTHER baby boy in my arms in NO time, when I feel like I HAVE A baby already named Luke!
Speaking of.... Luke is looking forward to his little brothers arrival quite anxiously.... He is 2 1/2 and I truly believe that he understands mommy has a baby in her belly and it is HIS bubba!!!! He kisses, hugs, sings, even feeds his bubba throughout the day...(through mommy's belly button- which is where of course bubba will come out of in a few weeks)
This week is interesting - I will be 35 weeks pregnant on this coming Monday - and I am shooting TWO weddings this weekend! I am a very fast paced - love my job type of girl..... BUT I am one nervous pregnant mama..... Right now I am layin in bed at 4:43 am (been awake since 3:45) and I'm thinking about what pictures to take, what comfy/presentable shoes I will wear, how I am planning on 'pacing myself'..... I know that God is in control and he will make sure I am not taking on too much.... This is where my peace comes from!
I am SO thankful that miraculously I have only gained 6 lbs up from my pre pregnancy weight... Of course I attribute that mostly to gestational diabetes.... I also attribute a lot of it to having a 2 1/2 year old who doesn't let mommy sit and sleep all day.... But it's weird - I feel like once Jonah is born I will be down less than my prepregnancy weight.... How weird is that???... Don't worry - the belly WILL be blubber so it WILL still be time to lose more weight, but what a better feeling than to know you have a jump start right away.
Speaking of gestational diabetes, there ARE three things that I want more than anything in the world once Jonah is born... All being things that are crammed with carbs and impossible to eat without sending my blood sugar through the roof...... I want red gummy worms, a big strawberry/peach smoothie and a large Quiznos sub! Lol all of these things will be on my list to have once labor is over! However, if I were to continue to eat these things whenever I wanted I KNOW I wouldn't keep the lbs off!!!!
Well, other than anxiously awaiting this coming weekend - after that I will be ready to meet my little guy.. We all are excited but maybe not quite ready just yet to meet him! (I will say that I had a dream last night that he looked like a spitting image of Marcus.... Considering that Luke looks more like a product of my dad and Marcus' mom.... We're hoping Jonah actually looks like one of us.. Lol)
Luke on the other hand is talking SO much more as of this month!!! It's actually quite crazy..... He's starting to mimic everything and actually put his own thoughts and opinions together in sentences... It's funny when he says something to me and I say 'what did you just say' and be repeats it while smiling and then follows it up with 'siddy (silly) lukey' hahaha he truly knows how to make me laugh..... I say that he truly is MY son, tip to tail, because he never meets a stranger, he's always talking and laughing and he's always on the go!!! He loves to say 'whatcha doin' and 'daddy be?' Always inquiring about where we are and what we are about to do. He loves to follow instructions and LOVES a plan of events.... 'First were going to the bank, then to the store, THEN to the playground' and he repeats as best he can and says 'yahhhh'!!!
Well the last thing I can think to write before signing off is how proud I am of my son.... I truly believe that he knows the love of Jesus - he knows who he is and he gets excited to hear stories about him!!! This weekend is Easter Sunday and despite the fact that I will have shot two weddings in 48 hours - I am going to try and join my mother in law and mom at Isaiah chapel in Milton for Easter service! Luke is PLANNING on saying 'Jesus Has RISEN!!!!!' In front of church - but we will see!!! It's a true test to see how he handles being in front of people :-). He is ready to go in his tan and teal suit and tie and mama and gaga are ready to coordinate with him!!!
Well I have written a lot in a matter of 15 minutes - and now I should go back to sleep.... Or try to at least..... Here are some recent photo updates (one being from our maternity photo session this month with my new buddy Kim Harttman!!)
God Bless!! Sarah Parker














No comments:
Post a Comment